Annette is Chair of Education at and sponsor of the American Ice Theatre.
Teaches on line pedagogy courses in conjunction with The Ohio Conservatory of Ballet
Current member of UNESCO CID
Articles Annette has written:
- Hands: Developing awareness and articulation
- Hands: Finger groupings are key to graceful movement
- Hands: Classical hand training
- Taking Time for your Feet
- Feet and ankles: Keys to releasing flow of movement
- Ankle strength and alignment: A must for skaters
- Point my toes? Don’t you mean point my foot?
Additional related material you might also find interesting:
- Wisconsin Figure Skating Club
- International Association for Dance Medicine and Science
- Golden Skate – “Your resource to figure skating on the Internet”
- The Willis Conservatory of Classical Ballet – Under the direction of Dr. Peggy Willis-Aarnio. Dedicated to the preservation and continuation of the full repertoire and pure technique of classical ballet at its finest.
- United States Figure Skating Association
- Nureyev Foundation – Dance and sports injury diagnosis and prevention information. Articles on pedagogy (how to teach correctly) physiotherapy, nutrition and much more.
- International Skating Union
- Sarah S. Brannen – Writer & Illustrator
- Tisa Della Volpe – “Photography From the Eye of a Dancer”
- Lifeskate – “For the Addiction to Ice”
- Go Figure Skating – “For anyone who wants to Go Figure Skating”
- My Skating Mall – Created by Bronze medalist Ryan Jahnke, this is a new website with a vision to support the skating community by reducing costs and increasing choices for skating families while raising funds for figure skating clubs. A marketplace for new and gently used figure skating items it is expected to open in March of 2010.
- Ice Mom’s Adventures in Figure Skating – Book Review: Fundamentals of Alignment & Classical Movement for Figure Skaters
- Everything Figure Skating Membership Website
Friends & Family Web Sites:
- Armando Flores selling beautiful properties on the breathtaking Mexican Riviera based in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. Reliable, honest and fully bilingual (English and Spanish). For more information e-mail Armando.
- Inna Stabrova and Dmitriy Tuboltsev’s Ohio Conservatory of Ballet is the very best training you can find anywhere in the United States. i am very proud to call them both friends and colleagues.
- Leslie Skorzewski School of Ballet in Green Bay Wisconsin: The absolute best in the area for Classical Method Vaganova Pedagogy.